Unifor Media Release
UNIFOR 199 ON STRIKE
Employer: Industrial Management Group (formerly Seneca Manufacturing)
Address : 7 Niagara Stone Rd., NOTL
Number of Employees : 14 represented by Unifor Local 199 President 199
Parts Produced: door hinges and front end components supplied to THK St. Catharines.
Strike began 12:01 am November 13, 2016
Issues in dispute:
1. Employers refusal to make payment of Labor Arbitration Award issued
by Arbitrator Rose December 2014 - OLRB also placed award against the
Employer for enforcement.
2. Employers failure to remit Union dues deducted from workers pay to Local Union. Four months arrears to date.
3. Employer arbitrarily altered pay day from weekly to bi-weekly payroll.
4. Employer inconsistent on payment of workers wages and inconsistent in
their method of payment from cheque to electronic payment.
5. Wage increase proposed by Union as workers have not received increase for six years.
Doug Orr, Unifor National Representative
905 650 5977
Unifor Local 199 President
905 933 5256