On Tuesday, April 28, the NRLC holds ceremonies at monuments dedicated to fallen workers at nine locations in the region. Join the workers, activists and community members to commemorate workers killed on the job and be reminded of the work that lies ahead in making working conditions safe for all workers.
Schedule of ceremonies on Day Of Mourning April 28, Tuesday:
- 8:00 a.m. in St. Catharines at the monument dedicated to four fallen workers under the St. Catharines Skyway. Located on the Welland Canal Parkway – west side of the canal under the bridge.
- 9:00 a.m. Niagara-on-the-Lake, Centennial Arena, 1557 Four Mile Creek Road in Virgil.
- 10:00 a.m. Niagara Falls, Niagara Falls City Hall – 4310 Queen Street.
- 11:00 a.m. Fort Erie City Hall, 1 Municipal Centre Drive along Highway #3
- 12:30 p.m. Port Colborne, H.H. Knoll Park on Sugarloaf Street beside the hospital.
- 1:30 p.m. Welland, Merritt Park – 151 King Street.
- 2:30 p.m. Port Robinson Esquire Canada explosion site (1999) – 125 South Street North. In memory of Robyn Lafleur.
- 3:30 p.m. St. Catharines, Memorial Park, 6 St. Paul St. West
- 4:30 p.m. Niagara Region, Region of Niagara Headquarters – 2201 St. David's Road
See the Workers Health and Safety Centre's brochure listing Niagara ceremonies here .
For a MSWord list click here.
For a list of speakers here.
Mourn for the dead,
fight for the living,